Patient Reported Outcomes Challenge
Demonstrate how patient-reported outcome offerings may improve understanding of the patient journey and provide inputs to business model innovations such as Value-Based Agreements and oncology patient engagement solutions.
Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) can play an important role in the development of new drugs, especially those aimed to treat medical conditions in which only subjective data allow the evaluation of the treatment effect. PROs are also helpful in improving management of patient care when a product is in market by uncovering how patient behaviors, including their condition and treatment options, impact their journey.
Insights derived from PROs are most impactful when they generated from robust data sets and from both specific and broad patient populations where analytical methods such as data mining and AI can be utilized to dissect the data for new insights.
PROs that can be integrated with existing data sources such as claims data, real-world evidence and EMRs provide even more value as they can provide a full view of the patient journey and care coordination.
This challenge is focused on exploring new technology and innovative platforms (plug into existing- hardware or software) that can provide inputs to uncover insights, specifically from patients with oncolytic conditions. Further, PRO data sources that are informed through partnerships with health systems or payers are of highest value and applicability to our current business needs.
- Has an existing repository of PRO data from various clinical and non-clinical sources
- Has experience working directly with the oncology patient community, across disease areas
- Has experience working within the US healthcare system and ability to integrate with system-level data (e.g., claims data, RWE etc) and has a working knowledge of value-based agreements and outcomes
- Solution fit to the proposed need, considering the expected outcomes
- Patient impact
- Innovative solution
- Ease of pilot implementation
- Time to market and market risk
- Differentiation of solution within the competitive landscape
- Capability of participant to execute on the solution
- Extent to which a Pfizer partnership can advance the solution
"Research” or “Benefits delivered”: Challenge winner conducted a data assessment of value-focused endpoints in cancer care treatment based on their proprietary, innovative patient engagement platform. In collaboration with experts in value-based care, challenge winner identified meaningful, measurable, and predictable ePROs that could improve the understanding of the oncology patient journey and provide inputs to this business model innovation.
“Conversion status”: Challenge winner is collaborating with the Healthcare Innovation Center to consider testing the validity of select ePROs in determining treatment success and viability in a VBA.
“Value” or “Estimated impact”: Value-based care has been fraught to materialize in oncology treatment in spite of its promise in assuring patient-centered care. Challenge winner helped to materialize a vision where there once was not, engineering a pathway, with the inclusion of social determinants of health, towards innovative access in oncology.